Traveling for the Holidays?
Information to insure that access to your account is protected.
As incidents of fraud continue to escalate, the security of your card-purchases is an important consideration. To protect West Bank debit card holders, West Bank continually monitors risk factors and blocks geographic, vendor-type and transaction-type purchases commonly targeted by criminals.
We are observing increased counterfeit debit card activity where thieves are using credit, signature-based transactions, to defraud customers. This could mean that if you select a credit, signature-based transaction, when using your debit card, your transaction may be declined due to the increased security controls put in place by West Bank for your protection.
Please consider these important debit card actions when traveling:
- Use your PIN whenever possible. This helps us know that you, the actual cardholder, are performing the transaction.
- If your debit card, signature-based, transaction is declined, change your payment type to a debit-based transaction, enter your PIN and the transaction may complete.
- Carry an alternative means of payment at all times.
- Make sure that West Bank has your most current contact information, including your mobile telephone number, so that West Bank can contact you should we suspect fraudulent activity or if we see that unusual spending patterns are occurring in your account.
- Make a note of the Fiserv (our debit card processor) customer service number 1.800.472.3272 before you leave so that you can contact them if you should require assistance while you are away. This number is open 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Make sure you carefully review the entries on your statement every month. If you find any unexpected or incorrect transactions, please contact us immediately.
We are pleased to be your partner in fraud prevention.