The West Bancorporation Foundation, Inc. (the "Foundation") is the charitable foundation affiliate of West Bancorporation, Inc. West Bancorporation is the parent of West Bank which is actively involved in the greater Des Moines, Iowa City/Coralville and Rochester, MN areas where we do business and where our employees are leaders in helping our communities and citizens grow and prosper.
» Submit Grant Application
Listed below are the charitable contribution guidelines for the Foundation in Central Iowa, Eastern Iowa and Southeast Minnesota. Our giving priority is to support programs whose primary purpose is to benefit low- and moderate- income individuals.
The Foundation focuses contributions to:
- Human Service
- Arts & Culture
Grants are generally not made to the following types of organizations or activities:
- Athletes or Athletic Organizations
- Conference or Seminar Attendance
- Courtesy or Goodwill Advertising in Benefit Publications
- Endowments or Memorials
- Festival Participation
- Fraternal Organizations (Police, Fire Associations)
- Hospital or Health Care Facility Capital Fund Drives
- Individual K-12 Schools
- Organizations/Associations redistributing funds to independent tax-exempt groups (with exceptions of United Way and independent college funds)
- Organizations, Projects or Programs outside the US or mainly International
- Political Parties, Campaigns or Candidates, Partisan Political Organizations
- Private Foundations
- Sectarian, Religious and Denominational Organizations
- Social Organizations
- Tax Supported City, County or State Organizations
- Trade, Industry and/or Professional Associations
- United Way Organizations seeking funds for United Way-funded Programs
GRANT CYCLE DEADLINES: Applications close on January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1. Those wishing to submit a grant proposal click here.
Note to applicants: The grant application form is a PDF document. This form may be saved to your PC for future reference. When finished completing the report, please print the document and mail with required attachments listed in the application form. You may also email the application form to email@example.com.
If you desire more information about the companies' charitable contributions program or Foundation should contact:
The West Bancorporation Foundation, Inc.
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Because funds are limited, the Foundation is unable to act favorably on all requests received. Each grant request is carefully evaluated to determine general eligibility and compliance with Foundation guidelines and available funds.