Skip a trip to the bank and deposit your checks anytime, anywhere with our Mobile Banking app!
Login to your West Bank Mobile Banking app (be sure you are using the most recent version of our Mobile App)
Don’t have the West Bank Mobile Banking app yet?
- Login to your West Bank Online Banking account
- Go to User Options and enroll under your Mobile Banking Profile
- Then, search for “West Bank Mobile Banking app” in your app store to download the app
Once you are logged into the West Bank Mobile app:
- Select “Deposits” from the menu
- Key in the amount of the deposit
- Endorse the check – sign your name and write “For West Bank Mobile Deposit Only” on the endorsement line
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check following the prompts in the app.
- That’s it! Within seconds of submitting the transaction, you’ll receive a confirmation.
How secure is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is secure. It features multiple layers of security.
What can I do to protect my Mobile Deposit security?
- Don’t use Mobile Deposit in conjunction with public Wi-Fi access.
- Password protect your smart phone and your mobile app with separate and distinct passwords.
- Don’t share your passwords with others.
- Protect your smart phone with malware detection.
- After securely retaining mobile deposited checks for 45 days, dispose of them appropriately by shredding them.
What types of checks can be deposited through Mobile Deposit?
Personal and business U.S. checks can be deposited through Mobile Deposit. Checks from Canada and other foreign countries, savings bonds and poor image quality checks must be deposited at the bank. In Mobile Deposit, do not deposit a check payable to any person or entity other than you (i.e. a check that is payable to another party and then endorsed to you). Do not attempt to deposit a check made out to “Cash” through Mobile Deposit.
What are the Mobile Deposit amount limits?
There is no limit on the number of checks that can be deposited. However, there are per check and total daily dollar limits for West Bank Mobile Deposit.
Single check limit $1,500
Total daily deposit limit $5,000
These limits may change without notice to you.
When can Mobile Deposits be issued to West Bank?
You can transmit mobile deposits to West Bank 24-hours a day, 7-days a week including weekends and holidays, with the exception of our routine maintenance downtimes. Deposits can be made any time in the Mobile App, and checks are generally credited to your account within two business days.
When will my deposit be credited to my account?
Checks deposited through Mobile Deposit are subject to verification and funds may not be available immediately.
Generally, mobile check deposits received and approved before 4:00 p.m. on a business day will be available the next business day.
Mobile check deposits received Monday through Friday after 4:00 p.m., on weekends, and federal holidays are processed the following business day.
|Deposit Day||Time||Funds Available|
|Monday||Before 4:00 p.m.||Tuesday|
|Monday||After 4:00 p.m.||Wednesday|
Please see West Bank Online and Mobile Banking Agreement for details.
How do I check the status of a deposit?
In the West Bank Mobile app, on the “Deposits” tab, click the Deposit History link to check the status of your mobile deposits. A “Pending” status indicates that the funds have not yet been deposited to your account. A “Failed” status indicates that your deposit has rejected. An “Approved” status means that the funds have been deposited to your account.
Will I see my mobile deposit in Online Banking under Pending or Recent Transactions?
No, mobile deposits cannot be seen in Online Banking until the transaction has posted to your account. In the interim, you can view the status of the deposit in the Deposit History link in the Mobile Banking app.
Will I be notified if there’s an error or my deposit failed? If yes, how?
Deposit information is available in the Mobile Banking app by going to the “Deposits” tab and clicking the Deposit History link. A status of “failed” will be displayed when an error is found. The bank will also send you an email notifying you of the error. To receive further information, please contact West Bank Customer Service at 1-855-464-5407.
How do I endorse the check?
Sign your name and write “For West Bank Mobile Deposit only” on the endorsement lines on the back of the check.
What should I do with the original paper checks after deposits are made?
Make a note on the check that it was deposited using Mobile Deposit. Keep the check for 45 days, then dispose of it securely by shredding the check. If there are problems processing your mobile deposit, you may need your original physical check to resolve the issue. An image of the deposited check remains available on your phone for 30 days. You can view your Mobile Deposit history by selecting “Deposit History” within the mobile app.
How do I prevent checks from being scanned and deposited twice?
The software has built-in duplicate detection tools that usually detect items already deposited. If the software detects potential duplicate checks, an alert notifies you that the check is a duplicate.
How do I know the image quality is acceptable?
The software has an Image Quality Assessment (IQA) tool that automatically identifies the problems with the check image. If a problem is detected, you’ll be asked to retake the photo.
Is Mobile Deposit available for eCorp customers?
Yes – Mobile Deposit is also available through the West Bank eCorp Mobile app. Please contact your Treasury Management specialist for details.
- Before logging into the West Bank Mobile Banking app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Don’t forget to endorse the back of your check. Sign your name and write “For West Bank Mobile Deposit only” on the endorsement line.
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
Getting a good photo of your check
- Take photo in a well-lit area; no shadows across the check
- Place the check on solid dark background
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking the photo
- Ensure all four corners of the check are visible
- Hold your phone steady so photo is not blurry
- Ensure the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable
The content provided on this page is intended for informational purposes only; the services described are governed by the terms and conditions of the applicable agreement.