West Bank will never ask for private information such as your account number, PIN number or social security number in an unsolicited email, telephone call, or text message. If you suspect you have been a victim of a scam, please call West Bank Customer Service at 1-800-810-2301 or Contact Us. Our Customer Service representatives are available to assist you Monday through Friday: 8am-5pm, Saturday: 8am-12pm. For your protection, please do not use the Contact Us form to send personal or account information.
If you suspect you have received a suspicious email do not open any attachments or click on any links. If the email appears to come from West Bank, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A West Bank representative may contact you to discuss the email.
The following are a few steps to help you protect yourself from fraud and scams:
- Never open an attachment or click on a link in an email you are not expecting, is from someone you do not know or even looks slightly suspicious. If you are unsure about an email, delete it - do not forward it or reply.
- Never provide any personal or company information in any form to an unsolicited caller.
- If someone does call asking for information, tell the caller you are uncomfortable providing this information over the phone and you will call our Customer Service line to resolve the issue. Then quickly end the call and contact our Customer Service center at 800-810-2301 to report the incident.
- As with phone calls, never respond to any unsolicited request for information that comes through your e-mail or text messages; no matter how valid it may appear.
- Never provide confidential information through e-mail or unsecured Web sites.
- Shred all paperwork containing confidential information.
- Review your credit report at least once a year for fraudulent activity.
- As part of West Bank’s commitment to customer service excellence, we keep your contact information strictly confidential. Again, please remember that we will NOT contact you to ask for personal information such as account number, personal identification number (PIN), usernames or passwords.
How can I help keep my information safe?
- Use a PIN/password on your devices.
- Only download applications and updates/patches to your devices from a reputable source.
- Install firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware software on your devices as applicable and keep them current.
- Never access Online or Mobile Banking services using public wi-fi networks or otherwise insecure internet connections.
- Always be wary of an offer “too good to be true” and other phishing emails or texts used to trick a recipient into revealing personal information, clicking on a malicious link, or opening a malicious attachment.
Please contact West Bank Customer Service at 800-810-2301 if you have any questions.